My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Readathon wrap-up


We did it!! Congrats to everyone who participated, it was great to see so many people reading and posting. I tried to look at the blogs of everyone who signed up at least once, but I'm planning to spend some serious time this week going back and checking out the blogs in more depth, I can't wait to see what everyone was reading (I can feel my TBR list ballooning up already, lol).



I want to send a special shout-out to the Readathon organizers and cheerleaders, this is for you:



Here's my answers for the End of Event Meme:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Had to be about hour 19, that was 3 a.m. here, I knew I wasn't going to make it much beyond that so I didn't even try. Kind of bums me out because I really wanted to rack up more hours than I did last time.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Ugh, too hard to choose! I'll have to give some more thought to this question.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Rather than having one post for each hour that contains all sorts of different information, maybe you can break it down into separate posts -- for instance, you'd have an Hour 10 Challenge post, an Hour 10 prize update post, an Hour 10 Reader of the Hour post, etc. My reason for suggesting this is that there's so much info and it gets hard to follow after a while, especially when you're getting tired.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I liked having different people host on Dewey's blog, trying to do the whole time herself can't be good for her.

5. How many books did you read? completed 1 book and 2 short stories, got a good start on 1 other book

6. What were the names of the books you read? I completed Youth by J.M. Coetzee. The 2 short stories were The Social Triangle by O. Henry and Wiser Than a God by Kate Chopin. The book I got started on was Tales of the South Pacific by James Michener.

7. Which book did you enjoy most? I enjoyed everything that I worked on.

8. Which did you enjoy least? N/A

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Guaranteed!! I'd love to be a reader, a cheerleader, and an organizer, but I know I can't do it all -- I don't want to have to pick!

4 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

It's a bummer I missed out on this...but it wouldn't have worked out to well for me. I'd like to try in April though! :)

-Lauren

gautami tripathy said...

The wee hours are the most difficult ones!

Care said...

Thanks for your cheering!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Great job! I would love to be a cheerer and reader next time too.