My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 2008 Readathon Goals

Being a planner type, I've made my list of possible books for this Saturday's Readathon. (Don't know about Readathon? Check it out here.) I've decided on the following:

A Dog's Life by Peter Mayle -- just for fun and because it's been sitting on my shelf forever

Forever England: North and South by Beryl Bainbridge

The Lambs of London by Peter Ackyroyd -- not on my list for the 10 Out of 100 Challenge, but is on the 1001 Books list

Tales of the South Pacific by James Michener -- will count for Book Awards II Challenge and the Pulitzer Project

Time's Arrow by Martin Amis -- will count for Booker Challenge; also on the 1001 Books list

When the Astors Owned New York: Blue Bloods and Grand Hotels in a Gilded Age by Justin Kaplan -- another just because book

Youth by J.M. Coetzee -- will count for 10 Out of 100 Challenge

Each book is relatively short; Tales of the South Pacific is the longest at 384 pages, so I don't expect to finish it in 1 day, but maybe I can get a start. I would like to at least finish Youth and Time's Arrow, since they're both on my challenge lists. Last Readathon I read 3 books. I'm making that my goal this time, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pile :)
I was here to remind you about the read-a-thon :) But I m glad, that you already remember and are excited about it as much as I am :)

Have fun participating!!
On Oct 18th!

For Read-a-thon
My BLOG

Dewey said...

How you have a great time!

Arukiyomi - the spreadsheet guy said...

You might be interested in heading over to Arukiyomi's blog and picking up a copy of the new version of Arukiyomi's 1001 books spreadsheet .

Along with calculating how many books you need to read a year before you die, there's all the 2008 edition books, all those removed from the 2006 edition, links to wikipedia , amazon.com and .co.uk and Google books.

Happy reading!


PS - bit sobering to be posting after the late great Dewey :-(