My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall 2008 Readathon -- intro post

It's finally here! To start, we've been asked to answer the following questions, sort of a "get to know you" post.

Where are you reading from today? Crawfordville, Florida (a suburb of Tallahassee)

3 facts about me …

I love college football, but luckily my team (Go Gators!) is off this week, so my reading time won't be interrupted by must-see-TV

Whenever I sit down to read, 1 of my 2 beagles has to sit in my lap and look at the book. I think I've trained him to love books, too.

I'm a ParrotHead.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 4 novels, 1 nonfiction, and 5 books of short stories

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I'd like to increase my number of hours -- 13 last time. My original goal had been to finish at least 3 books, but I changed my book choices at the last minute, so that threw a monkey wrench into those plans.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? Take several breaks or you'll wear yourself out. Mix up your reading choices -- you want to keep it interesting and not fry your brain. If you don't meet your goals, don't worry. This is supposed to be fun, no one's going to grade you:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

how is it coming... hope u r hveing FUN!

and yes w need breaks :) big time:)

happy reading!

Tammy said...

I haven't actually started reading yet, been too busy visiting other blogs and doing the 1st mini-challenge. Had to give my brain a chance to wake up:) Time to get started!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice -- I suspect I'll need it toward the end of the time.

My MIL is a Florida alum, so we also root for the Gators -- and cringe every time we see an FSU win!

-sprite
spritewrites.net