My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Readathon update #4 and Walkin' & Snappin' mini-challenge


For this mini-challenge, Kim over at Page after Page wanted us to take a break. go for a short walk and take a picture of what we saw. After changing from my comfy shorts into a pair of pants (the temperature dropped, didn't expect that), I took a quick stroll and snapped a photo of my newly clean front porch:



I spent some time reading out there today and it was wonderful -- I love living in Florida!!

Title of work(s) read since last update: still working on Tales of the South Pacific
Number of works read since you started: 2
Next to be read: continue with Tales of the South Pacific by James Michener; short story by Kate Chopin
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour 30 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!): approximately 7 hours 15 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: 5
Prize you’ve won: one
Caffeinated drinks consumed: still holding at 1, but I can hear the siren call from my fridge -- "Come have a frosty beverage! You know you want me!!"

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the porch! It seems like a great place to read. Keep up the good work!

Nicole said...

The porch does seem like a great place to live! I'm in a sunny area too, and have been considering sitting outside for some reading. No comfy chairs out there, though.

Happy reading!

Dewey said...

Good job, I'm on three coffees, one tea and one coke by now!

Reading on that porch must be so cozy.

Kim said...

What I wouldn't give for a front porch like yours! I LOVE it. Thanks for playing with my first ever mini-challenge.
*smiles and happy continued reading to you*
Kim

Bybee said...

The porch is nice and the chair is the whipped cream on the banana split.