Teddy from So Many Precious Books, So Little Time has graciously agreed to host this challenge this year. The goal is to help us finish some of the book challenges that we are participating in. Here's how it works:
There are 5 months left for the year, so we will read a total of 5 books, each one for a different challenge. If you are not in 5 different challenges then read at least one book for each challenge that you are in.
*Any combination of challenges works and you can change them at any time.
*You must be signed up with the other challenges.
*You may listen to eAudio, cassette tapes or compact discs.
*You may not read all five books from the same challenge.
*You don't have to blog or write a review (but you can if you want to). Please use Mr. Linky at Teddy's blog to link to your reviews.
*Even if a challenge begins after August 1st you may use it for this challenge.
*Even if a challenge ends after 12/31/09 you may use it for this challenge.
*Sign-ups begin now and run through 9/1/2009. Please use Mr. Linky at Teddy's challenge post to sign up for this challenge.
I am so in for this one! I've got several challenges that I'm determined to finish and this will help give me that extra "oomph" I need. My five books and challenges for this will be:
1. Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald for the Another 1% Well-Read Challenge -- completed 11/8/09; review
2. March by Geraldine Brooks for Book Awards III
3. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton for the Classics Challenge -- completed 8/2/09; review
4. Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik for the Summer Vacation Reading Challenge -- completed 8/15/09; review
5. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston for the What's in a Name? 2 Challenge