My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dewey Decimal Challenge complete


Here's the books I ended up reading for this challenge, along with links to my reviews:

000 - Generalities: The Book That Changed My Life: 71 Remarkable Writers Celebrate the Books That Matter Most to Them by Roxanne Coady and Joy Johannessen -- completed 2/13/09; review here

100 - Philosophy and Psychology: Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar...: Understanding Philosophy Through Jokes by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein -- completed 5/1/09; review here

200 - Religion: Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer -- completed 1/27/09; review here

300 - Social Sciences: Iran Awakening: A Memoir of Revolution and Hope by Shirin Ebadi -- completed 5/29/09; review here

400 - Language: The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester -- completed 3/9/09; review here

500 - Natural Sciences + Math: The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science by Natalie Angier -- completed 6/19/09; review here

600 - Technology: Julie and Julia by Julie Powell -- completed 2/24/09; review here

700 - The Arts: Outline of English Architecture by A. H. Gardner -- completed 7/14/09; review here

800 - Literature and Rhetoric: Boswell's Presumptuous Task: The Making of the Life of Dr. Johnson by Adam Sisman -- completed 7/11/09; review here

900 - Geography and History: Queenan Country: A Reluctant Anglophile's Pilgrimage to the Mother Country by Joe Queenan -- completed 1/21/09; review here

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing!!! I'm only about halfway through.

I really enjoyed Shirin Ebadi's memoir, Iran Awakening, I'm glad to see it on your list!

Thanks so much for participating, I hope this challenge added a little extra flavor to your usual book selections.