My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Love Your Local Library mini-challenge

For this challenge, we're supposed to answer questions about our local library. I love my library and love to brag on it every chance I get. The questions:

1. What is the name of your local library? What city is it located in? My library is the LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library in Tallahassee, Florida. LeRoy Collins was raised in our area and became the 33rd Governor of Florida, from 1955 to 1961.

2. How often do you go to the library? If you're a regular, do the staff know you? I go every few weeks. I'd probably go more often but I generally borrow several books at once and it takes me a while to finish them. Our library is rather large, so I doubt if the staff know me from anyone else, but they may recognize my face.

3. Do you browse while you're there or just pick up items you have placed on reserve? Sometimes I browse, it depends on how much time I have available and how many items I've already planned to grab. I almost always browse the DVDs, though.

4. What is your favorite thing about your local library? They have a fabulously large and diverse collection, and if they don't have something, they can get you whatever you want through interlibrary loan. I also love how wired they are -- you can request and renew items online, and they have a large number of ebooks and audiobooks for download.

3 comments:

Lissa said...

i have just discovered downloadable e-books this year, and am loving the ease and freedom of it. it's nice to have a library that provides that option =D

Eva said...

My library is awesome about technology too. :D It has an ebranch where I can download audiobooks!

Jessica said...

Placing books on hold and browsing the DVD's can be an excellent way to utilize all aspects of the collection. Thanks for sharing!