My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Monday, April 13, 2009

Book Awards II complete


I deviated from my original list, but I did read 10 award-winning books so I'm marking this one as complete. I'm hoping that there'll be a Book Awards III this year -- there are a number of awards that I've never paid any attention to and another challenge will help me go outside my comfort zone. Anyway, the books that I read for the challenge this time ended up being as follows:

Atonement by Ian McEwan (winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award, 2002) -- review here

The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton (winner of the PEN/Hemingway award, 1988) -- review here

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (winner of the Man Booker prize, 1997)

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (winner of the Pulitzer Prize, 1940) -- review here

Life of Pi by Yann Martel (winner of the Man Booker prize, 2002) -- review here

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez (García Márquez won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982) -- review here

Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson (winner of the PEN/Faulkner award, 1995) -- review here

The Spy Who Came in From the Cold by John le Carre (winner of the Edgar Award, 1965) -- review here

Tales of the South Pacific by James Michener (winner of the Pulitzer Prize, 1948) -- review here

The World According to Garp by John Irving (winner of the National Book Award, 1980) -- review here

2 comments:

TheChicGeek said...

I absolutely loved Life of Pi. You have a great list!
Happy Reading :)

1morechapter said...

Congrats! There will be a Book Awards III. I'll probably announce in May.