My Challenges (timed)


See my list here
Completed 8 of 9



See my list here
Completed 2 of 3



See my list here
Completed 2 of 4



See my list here
Completed 71 of 81



See my list here
Completed 9 of 10


See my list here
Completed 34 of 50



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 2



See my list here
Completed 1 of 5



See my list here
Completed 3 of 5



See my list here
Completed 5 of 100

My Challenges (perpetual)

100 SHOTS OF SHORT
See my list of stories read here

CHECKIN’ OFF THE CHEKHOV
See my list of stories read here

THE COMPLETE BOOKER
See my list of books read here

MARTEL-HARPER CHALLENGE
See my list of books read here

MODERN LIBRARY'S 100 BEST NOVELS

See my list of books read here

NATIONAL BOOK AWARDS
See my list of books read here

THE PULITZER PROJECT
See my list of books read here

TAMMY'S BEYOND BOOKS CHALLENGE

New York Times Book Review: 6/40
New Yorker: 0/36
New York Review of Books: 0/20
Vogue: 1/16
Email: 841/1373

Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Monday, what are you reading?

I had planned to participate in this last week, and even started writing a post, but somehow never got around to finishing it. But not being a quitter (at least not right off the bat), I thought I'd try again.

******************************

Recent completions:

The Caliph's House: A Year in Casablanca by Tahir Shah -- review here

Catholicism for Dummies by Rev. John Trigilio Jr. and Rev. Kenneth Brighenti -- review here

Reading this week:

Atonement by Ian McEwan

Eleanor of Aquitaine: A Biography by Marion Meade

I've Been Gone Far Too Long: Field Trip Fiascoes and Expedition Disasters edited by Monique Borgerhoff Mulder and Wendy Logsdon

Up next:

The Problem of Pain by C. S. Lewis

I'm also gleefully looking forward to the April 2009 version of the 24-hour Read-a-thon, happening April 18-19 (just under 2 weeks from now!). I've got a bunch of short books picked out and am really looking forward to making some headway in my challenges. Sign-ups are open now.

Recently acquired titles:

None lately, but I did win a copy of A Lucky Child by Thomas Buergenthal from Teddy that I'm very excited to add to my collection.

Miscellaneous:

One of the books that I picked for the World Citizen Challenge turned out to be a bit of a snooze, but I'm not sure if it was the book or if I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us) by Tom Vanderbilt sounded interesting and was, to a certain extent, but then I lost interest around the third chapter. I may give it another try or maybe pick up the audio version (shout out to my library for being so AWESOME in its collection!), so I'll let you know how it turns out.


It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event hosted by J Kaye's Book Blog to list books completed last week, books currently being reading, and books to be finished this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been hearing about the 24-hour Read-a-thon. I might join in!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm tempted to check out Catholicism for Dummies. I read your review. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was at the wrong blog. It looks great! Happy reading!

Tammy said...

J. Kaye -- the Read-a-thon is a blast, you should definitely give it a try!

Mary -- it provided a very good overview. I highly recommend it.

Kristy -- thanks! I decided it was time to make it more personalized.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I looked into it and the details read more like a manual. I was looking for something a bit more simple. ;) And way less rules.