Katrina at Callapidder Days is once again hosting the Spring Reading Thing challenge. The rules/guidelines are to make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this spring. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. Feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you. Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to the post about the challenge using Mr. Linky. The challenge runs March 20 through June 20, 2009.
I've decided to tie-in some of my picks with Dewey's Read-a-thon scheduled for April 18-19. I love, love, love the RAT! If you've never participated before, you absolutely should.
Anyway, the books I'm picking for the Reading Thing are:
1. Traffic by Tom Vanderbilt -- did not finish
2. The Problem of Pain by C. S. Lewis -- completed 4/27/09; review here
3. The Time Machine and The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells -- completed 4/21/09; review here
4. The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince) by Antoine de Saint-Exupèry -- completed 4/18/09; review here
5. The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman -- completed 4/24/09; review here
6. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie -- completed 4/18/09; review here
7. Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar...: Understanding Philosophy Through Jokes by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein -- completed 5/1/09; review here
8. The Rosary: A Journey to the Beloved by Gary Jansen -- completed 4/18/09; review here
9. The Uncommon Reader: A Novella by Alan Bennett -- completed 5/8/09; review here
10. Josephine: A Life of the Empress by Carolly Erickson -- completed 5/21/09; review here